Full-Time CHIEF ENGINEER, MINE
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with the McArthur River team, you will be responsible for providing mine engineering expertise and leadership to an underground uranium mine site. Core duties include managing and supervising the mine engineering department, which consists of technical personnel responsible for mine planning and scheduling, ventilation, ground freezing, ground control, surveying and other activities to support underground development, production and construction in a geo-technically challenging environment.
With safety as your core value, you will focus on high quality results and provide direction and guidance to ensure that planning is in place to achieve the successful transition from construction to production.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in mine, geological or geotechnical engineering
- At least 10 years of progressive mine engineering and supervisory experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Strong technical writing and communication skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- A proven track record of being able to deliver results, meet targets and achieve objectives
- Knowledge of the nuclear industry and regulatory environment
- Strong technical knowledge of mining and development within the Athabasca Basin
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 23, 2014. Please quote competition number 2161.
851 total views, 1 today