CHIEF ENGINEER, STRUCTURAL
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will provide structural engineering oversight and perform technical design work for a broad range of projects in Cameco’s major project portfolio. These projects will be executed both within Cameco and by outside consulting companies providing engineering services to Cameco
The oversight role consists of ensuring engineering work is done in accordance with Cameco’s processes, procedures, standards and regulatory requirements. You will be responsible for developing and integrating structural design standards for us on all major projects. You will develop and supervise a team of engineers and technologists responsible primarily for major project oversight and design work under your direction.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in structural engineering
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive engineering and supervisory experience in heavy industry
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Experience in process and mining operations
- Experience in foundations and structural steel, as well as the national building code and national fire code as applied in industrial design settings
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 23, 2014. Please quote competition number 1568.