Full-Time Chief Mining Advisor
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Chief Mining Advisor
British Columbia Securities Commission
Located centrally in downtown Vancouver, the British Columbia Securities Commission administers the Securities Act. Our mission is to foster fair and efficient capital markets and a competitive securities industry. We are an independent agency accountable to the legislature and the public through the Minister of Finance.
Do you enjoy professional challenges and want to play a key role in the regulation of British Columbia’s vibrant capital markets? As the Chief Mining Advisor, you will work with a number of dynamic cross-functional teams to monitor, review and improve the scientific and technical information on mineral projects that companies make available to the public in BC. Your specific responsibilities will include:
- Managing day-to-day operations of the Mining team by establishing work procedures and practices, setting priorities and supervising staff;
- Reviewing technical reports that companies file with their prospectuses and under continuous disclosure obligations
- Reviewing scientific and technical information on mineral projects contained in public documents other than technical reports
- Providing expert advice and assistance to Commission staff
- Making recommendations for amendments to securities laws and policies
- Working closely with other regulatory agencies in Canada to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of the capital markets
- Maintaining a close liaison with industry associations
- Representing and speaking on behalf of the Commission at conferences and professional and public education forums
The successful candidate has:
- At least 15 years’ experience in mineral exploration, mine development or operations, or mineral project assessment, or preferably a combination of these experiences, and is a member of the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of BC
- An in-depth knowledge of the mining industry and an expert understanding of scientific and technical information on mineral projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of National Instrument 43-101
- Prior management experience
- Practical computer skills
- Excellent communication skills and good judgment
Candidates must be authorized to work in Canada. Investment restrictions apply. We are an equal opportunity merit-based employer.
How to Apply
We offer a challenging and rewarding work environment, as well as a competitive compensation package that includes a defined benefit pension plan and four weeks of vacation. Visit http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/employment.asp to explore this exciting opportunity and apply online by January 3, 2014. Competition 13:130.
1648 total views, 1 today