Full-Time Community Relations Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
TURKISH NATIONALS ONLY
Community Relations Coordinator
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUMMARY
- Report to and work under the direction of the Director – External Affairs.
- Respond to day-to-day issues related to local government and communities, in accordance to Company policies.
- Provide advice, assistance and direction regarding local government matters and matters of local protocol.
- Coordinate arrangements for all visitors to Oksut site.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the development, implementation and compliance of Company policies and practices related to cooperation and partnership with local communities and stakeholders.
- Participate in the implementation of sustainable development projects within the communities.
- Plan, organize, administer, monitor, evaluate and report on community relations activities.
- Maintain regular contact with local CRH, community based organizations, government, NGOs and other representatives of the community.
- Strengthen relations with local government officials, elected officials, and public organizations.
- Maintain contact with identified vulnerable groups such as ethnic minorities, migrants, disabled people, the homeless, isolated elderly people and children, vulnerable women etc.
- Maintain an ongoing community diary that records all enquiries, comments, praise, criticism, proposals, and community relations activity.
- Investigate matters and proposals raised by residents and report on findings, solutions and outstanding issues to Company management.
- Raise the profile of and highlight positive, successful community relations initiatives and programs for local media.
- Maintain a file of all Company-related media published locally.
- Notify Company management regarding positive and negative changes in the public perceptions of the Company on a timely basis.
- Attend meetings and training as required and help contribute to the Company’s overall knowledge in relation to sustainability and local community engagement.
- Responsible for managing requests from visitors wanting to visit the Oksut site, obtaining senior management approval, coordinating all visits, including conducting site induction, and maintaining the Visitor Log.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Company management.
- Conduct all duties with high quality, competence and in a timely manner.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Local community relations and sustainability experience.
- Proficient in English and Turkish both oral and written.
- Strong computer skills, Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Well organized.
- Self-starter, able to work independently and take the initiative.
- 5 years relevant work experience in community relations preferably within the mining industry.
- Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Engineering or related field.
- Current valid drivers’ license.
- Position requires regular travel to local communities.
- Position is located in the Kayseriregion, Turkey.
- Must be able to work a rotational work schedule.
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
How to Apply
To apply on line please visit:
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would kindly appreciate no phone calls.
1392 total views, 4 today