Full-Time CONSTRUCTION MANAGER
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Northern Mine Sites
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The construction manager positions report to the senior construction manager within the major projects department at corporate office, but are based at our northern mine sites working a rotational schedule.
You will be responsible for managing the construction of capital, maintenance and reclamation projects at one of our operating sites. You will work with the project managers to provide construction co-ordination, contractor management and adherence to technical specifications on multiple projects being executed concurrently at the site. You will be responsible for ensuring that control procedures are implemented and that they incorporate Cameco’s safety, health, environmental and quality control standards.
You will also assist the major projects groups and project manager in setting the construction strategy and site schedule. You will be the primary contact on contractor issues, scope change requests, progress payments and change orders. You will work closely with contractors and the project manager to ensure assets are delivered to operations on time and on budget. Individual projects will range in value from hundreds of thousands to multi-million dollars.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Degree or diploma in engineering or physical sciences or a journeyperson certificate
- A minimum of eight to 12 years of construction management experience
- Supervisory experience is a must
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Mining industry experience
- Knowledge of SAP and project systems
- Experience managing multi discipline functions
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 28, 2014. Please quote competition number 4142.
1092 total views, 2 today