Full-Time Construction Manager – Upstream Tailings – Horizon Oil Sands
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MAKE YOUR MARK WHILE YOU GROW YOUR CAREER
At Canadian Natural we believe our employees are the key to unlocking asset potential. As one of the largest independent crude oil and natural gas producers in the world, our balanced asset mix creates opportunity for people who want to be part of a challenging and competitive industry. Join our team as we create value through innovation.
Horizon Oil Sands
Horizon Oil Sands is a world class asset offering countless opportunities to advance your career. Comprised of surface oil sands mining and bitumen upgrading facilities, this vast project offers challenging opportunities in an environment where teamwork, innovation, and your expertise are valued. Apply your abilities using industry leading technologies and contribute to the success of the Horizon Oil Sands.
COMPETITIVE SALARY – STOCK OPTIONS – STOCK SAVINGS PLAN – ANNUAL BONUSES – BENEFITS – LOCATION PREMIUMS – RELOCATION – FLY IN/FLY OUT AND ACCOMMODATIONS PROGRAM!
Visit www.cnrl-careers.com/candidateinfo to learn more about our Total Rewards Package and much more!
This position is based in Fort McMurray, Alberta and is eligible for:
• Relocation to Calgary or Fort McMurray
• Company Sponsored Fly-In/Fly-Out and Accommodations Program with charter flights from Calgary or Edmonton
The Construction Manager will play an integral role in the growth strategy for Horizon and will have the opportunity to manage the construction of the Upstream Tailings project. In this role you will utilize your Construction Management knowledge and experience to contribute to the successful expansion of the Horizon Oil Sands.
Please note: We will consider applications from both contractors and full-time employees for this position.
Further your career at a management level by applying your expertise, problem solving and leadership skills to:
• Mentor and manage your team to facilitate their professional development
• Take the lead on hiring, training and performance management to build and develop your team
• Drive team activity and delegate and distribute workload to align activity with wider business objectives
• Ensure budgetary and scheduling targets are met
HOW WILL YOU MAKE YOUR MARK?
• Lead in the preparation of construction schedules, setting milestones and schedules and monitor progress against established milestones and schedules
• Implement and execute quality control programs
• Lead in the review of detailed Construction Work Packages (CWPs) and Field Installation Packages (FIPs) to ensure completeness of information and adequate integration with engineering, procurement and construction
• Take corrective action for all identified deficiencies to eliminate any potential negative impacts on project schedule and budget
• Oversee and ensure construction safety during all construction phases
• Typically 15+ years of related industry experience with 5+ years as a Construction Manager and certified as a Journeyman Millwright or Pipefitter/Steamfitter
• Familiarity with and understanding of:
o Upstream operations: Tailings, hydro transport, pipelines, large rotating equipment etc.
o Working on projects valued at more than $500 million
o Lump Sum construction work
o Working in the oil sands, refineries, oil and gas plants and/or large construction projects
How to Apply
To see related Construction Management roles at CNRL, or to apply online, visit: www.cnrl-careers.com/jobs/Construction-Management
803 total views, 1 today