Full-Time District Geologist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bring your geoscience, analytical and customer services expertise to the Ontario Geological Survey’s Resident Geologist Program and join an exciting team in Sudbury’s world-renowned mining district. We are one of the top 100 Canadian employers of choice for 2012. We offer excellent health benefits, pension plan and challenging and interesting work in one of Canada’s most prolific geological areas.
What can I expect to do in this role?
Working with a team of geoscientists and other professionals, you will:
- collect and interpret geological information in the area
- liaise with and provide geological advice to mineral sector representatives and other stakeholders
- conduct geological field investigations
- maintain and update geoscience databases
- prepare geological maps and reports
- provide geotechnical input into municipal and other land-use planning initiatives
Location: 10 Government Road East, Kirkland Lake, Ontario
How do I qualify?
- you have a current certification or eligibility for certification by the Association of Professional Geoscientists of Ontario
- you have a valid driver’s licence to conduct fieldwork and the ability to travel and work irregular hours
- you have the ability to conduct field work and traverse rugged terrain and operate field equipment such as ATVs and snowmobiles
- you have knowledge of geoscience and mineral exploration theories, concepts, principles and practices to conduct field investigations, provide geotechnical advice and conduct geological mapping
- you have the ability to apply relevant policies, practices, program activities and objectives when representing ministry interests on committee work
Communication, Interpersonal and People Skills:
- you have proven customer service and communication skills including interpersonal, consultation and presentation skills
Other Important Skills:
- you have demonstrated research, evaluation, analytical and problem-solving skills to conduct field investigations, mineral resource assessments and synthesize geoscience data
- you have well-developed planning, organization and time management skills to schedule and assign tasks and activities and ensure tasks and objectives are met on time
- you have the ability to operate word processing, spreadsheet, geoscientific and presentation computer applications
Salary range: $1,085.27 – $1,327.02 per week
How to Apply
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 57681, by October 28, 2013. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
1095 total views, 2 today