Full-Time ENGINEER, GEO-ENVIRONMENTAL
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will provide in-house geo-environmental engineering expertise for technical, operational and regulatory aspects of various waste management facilities. You will manage technical studies at operating sites, including tailings and waste rock drilling investigations, the instillation of groundwater monitoring equipment and field investigations to meet regulatory requirements.
In addition, you will provide support for Cameco operations as needed, including operation of the tailings facilities, communication with regulatory agencies and trouble-shooting. You will also be involved in environmental assessments, developing decommissioning plans and acting as a liaison with the scientific community.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geotechnical, civil or geological engineering or hydrogeology
- Four to eight years of relevant progressive work experience
- Strong leadership, communication and problem solving skills
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Experience in the uranium mining industry
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is March 21, 2014. Please quote competition number 4441.
876 total views, 1 today