ENGINEER, MINE (NATM)
ENGINEER, MINE (NATM)
Cigar Lake Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the mine engineering team, you will provide specialized technical support to the Cigar Lake operation. You will primarily be responsible for providing NATM (New Austrian Tunnelling Method) expertise for the tunnel development works. You will also be responsible for overseeing other mine development, ground support and geotechnical instrumentation.
You will be responsible for processing daily and weekly progress/production reports, preparing and analysing graphical plots of performance data and preparing regular oversight reports. You will interpret and respond to changes in conditions and geotechnical monitoring trends in a prompt and decisive manner, as well as process and review geotechnical monitoring data to ensure the safety of the tunnelling works. You will also attend daily progress meetings with the contractor and mining operations staff.
With safety as your core value, you will focus on high quality results and provide direction and guidance to ensure that planning is in place to achieve short and long term targets.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in mining, civil, or geotechnical engineering/engineering geology
- Four to eight years of relevant work experience
- Tunnel experience, with experience in NATM techniques
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Strong communication, leadership, technical, planning and organizational skills
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is May 9, 2014. Please quote competition number 5603.