Full-Time Engineering Manager
Kumtor Operating Company
Kumtor Operating Company, a subsidiary of Centerra Gold Inc., is seeking a professionally qualified and experienced Mine Engineer at the Kumtor Gold mining operation located in theKyrgyzRepublic.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all aspects of mine engineering services to the mining operation. Kumtor gold mine is a 500k tpd open pit operation with unique challenges, expected at 4000m. Reporting to the Mine Manager the incumbent directly manages a large department, consisting of mining engineers, geotechnical engineers and geologists.
Responsibilities shall include, but not limited to;
Leading and directing the team of Mining Engineers ensuring best practice throughout the mining engineering discipline, including:
- Short and long term mine planning.
- Daily production (drill and blast design, survey, ore control and dispatch system).
- Geotechnical Engineering.
- Mine Geology.
- Tailings Dam engineering.
- Strategic mine development studies.
- Coordination of staff training and development programs.
The ideal candidate will meet the following minimum requirements;
- A related mining degree required.
- A minimum of 10-12 years experience in mine engineering with a minimum of four years recent management experience at similar size mining operations. Prior experience in an expatriate environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity with reserve estimation techniques, pit optimization programs and open pit mining techniques will be a requirement.
- Good computer skills together with a working knowledge of mining software programs.
- Well developed inter-personal skills with an aptitude for strong leadership and training skills.
- Medically able to work at altitude.
This is a resident position, located in Bishkek, the capital city of theKyrgyzRepublicinCentral Asiathough the incumbent will work and live at the mine site during the work schedule, working a 9 days on, 5 days off roster.
An attractive expatriate remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
To apply on line please visit:
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would kindly appreciate no phone calls
9653 total views, 7 today