Full-Time Journeyman Electrician (6 Positions)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Bag 4001, Fraser Lake, BC V0J 1S0
Phone: (250)699-6211 *Fax: (250)699-7775
A JOINT VENTURE OF THOMPSON CREEK MINING LTD. AND SOJITZ MOLY RESOURCES INC.
Endako Mines, A Joint Venture of Thompson Creek Mining Ltd. and Sojitz Moly Resources Inc., is currently recruiting for 6 Journeyman Electrician.
Endako Mines is a 50,000 tonne per day, open pit molybdenum mine, mill and roaster. A new mill facility is complete and operational. Our operation is located 25 km from the Village of Fraser Lake, allowing our employees to commute daily to the mine site from home. Fraser Lake, with an area population of approximately 2000, is situated on the shores of Fraser Lake, near the geographic centre of British Columbia. There are a variety of year-round recreational activities including skiing, golfing, boating, hiking, and many other activities for the outdoor enthusiast. In addition to this there is a recreation centre that hosts a variety of competitive and non-competitive sports. There are educational facilities from Play School through to Grade 12. There is a medical clinic staffed by four doctors, a nurse practitioner, nurses and technicians. For more information on our mine, visit us on-line at www.endakomines.com or www.thompsoncreekmetals.com. For more information on our village, visit http://stuartnechako.ca/fraser-lake/.
Our full-time employees receive a competitive wage and benefit package that includes moving expense assistance. Both company and private rental accommodations are available locally at reasonable rates. This position may require the successful candidate(s) to re-locate.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Troubleshooting and repair on older equipment.
- PLC programming and troubleshooting
- High voltage systems maintenance.
- Installation of new equipment.
- Perform calibrations on process instruments.
- Maintaining all new and used equipment.
- Perform Preventative maintenance on required equipment.
- Perform repairs to mining equipment such as drills and shovels.
- Maybe be required to work shift work.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Perform duties indoors and outdoors in all seasons.
- Maintaining maintenance records.
- All other duties as required by the department.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- BC or Inter-provincial certification.
- AutoCAD experience.
- Experience with PLC and HMI control systems.
- The ability to read schematics and troubleshoot electrical circuits.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Mining or Industrial process experience.
- PLC background with Modicon and GE Fanuc.
- Instrumentation knowledge.
How to Apply
If you are an energetic team player in search of a diversified work environment, please forward a detailed resume outlining your qualifications and experience, in strict confidence to:
Human Resource Advisor/Recruiter
Fraser Lake, BC V0J 1S0
Phone: (250) 699-6211 ext. 320 Fax: (250) 699-7775
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, we will respond only to those candidates whose qualifications most closely meet our requirements. All other resumes will be retained for 6 months.
2001 total views, 1 today