Full-Time Journeyman Electrician (2014-1944)
Location: RedLake, Ontario, Canada
Rotation: 28 days on 14 days off
Shift Length: 11 day
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: Provided from airport closest to point of hire
Conditions of Employment: Mandatory drug test required. Possible criminal background check and medical check required depending on Client requirements.
Accommodations: Camp setting, remote site
The primary role of an electrician is to install, wire, maintain & perform preventive maintenance and repairs to electric equipment some of which are noted below in all surface and underground areas:
- Shops, warehouse, sub-level
- Troubleshoot and repair ventilation fans
- Lighting and electric/hydraulic equipment
- Phone systems and all mine communication systems
- PLC and other advanced or automation systems
- High Voltage and Low Voltage Power and control systems
- Trolley haulage system
- Assist and carry out repairs and maintenance to all underground sub-station;
- Fabricate when required electrical panels and other necessary Installation of electrical cables
- Installation of electrical apparatus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be capable of reading & understanding electrical drawings
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting basic electrical instruments and testers
- Perform safely and timely emergency repairs to equipment
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- Must have skills to help train new employees, apprentices, etc., in the area on day to day operations plus and on the procedures for operating electrical test, maintenance and installation equipment not requiring third party approvals.
- Must be able to communicate written and verbal instructions to subordinates
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive
Health and Safety:
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
- Electrical trades certificate of competence
- Experience in the installation of low, medium, and high voltage installation and repairs
- Ontario Basic Underground Hard Rock Mine Service Types - Common Core
How to Applyhttp://www.redpathmining.com/careers/?JobId=2264&ComingSourceID=201&p=%7e%2fCandidates%2fShowJob.aspx
53 total views, 22 today