Full-Time JR. METALLURGIST (EIT)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
JR. METALLURGIST (EIT)
Rabbit Lake Operation
Cameco’s engineer-in-training (E.I.T.) program aims to develop recent metallurgical or chemical engineering graduates into well-rounded, knowledgeable professionals that can grow with Cameco and eventually fill managerial and/or highly technical roles. The E.I.T. will work on a rotational basis at various work locations for approximately one year each throughout the duration of their program.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will work with a team of professionals throughout the E.I.T. development program. You will hold positions of increasing responsibility while obtaining practical experience in the areas of process monitoring, reporting and testing, as well as investigating process enhancements. You will also be required to work closely with operations personnel.
You will be assigned to the Rabbit Lake mill for the first portion of the E.I.T program. In this developmental role, you will be exposed to and gain experience in all areas of the milling process including ore blending, grinding, leaching, counter-current decantation, solvent extraction, impurity and uranium precipitation, drying, packaging, waste-water treatment and production accounting.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgical or chemical engineering
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, excellent computer skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Previous summer or internship experience in a mining operation
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 25, 2014. Please quote competition number 5061.
761 total views, 6 today