Full-Time Jumbo Operator – Domestic
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Redpath is currently seeking a Jumbo Operators to fill the following full time contract, hourly position.
Location: Williams Project, Marathon, ON
Rotation: 5 ays on 2 days off
Shift Length: 10/hrs day
Compensation: Redpath offers a comprehensive wage and benefit package
Travel: non provided
Conditions of Employment: Mandatory drug test required. Possible criminal background check and medical check required depending on Client requirements.
Accommodations: up to 80.00/day non local
The primary role of a Jumbo Operator is to set up and operate a single or multiple boom jumbo, to drill and blast in a safe manner.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Health and Safety:
- Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
- Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
- Responsible for the use and maintenance of all safety equipment, i.e. Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
- Responsible to ensure proper use and maintenance of personal protective equipment.
- Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.
- Visually inspect, sound, scale and wash down work area, check for bootlegs and missholes, flags lifters, adds or repairs vent tubing.
- Assess ground conditions at the face and implement ground control according to site requirements
- Extend grade and centre line, mark face for drilling and circle bootlegs, maintain hanging wall and foot wall control in junction with geologist.
- Capable of jackleg and/or stopper drilling as needed.
- Determine location, spacing, depth and inclination of holes.
- Perform minor repairs, such as changing striker bars, couplings, water tubes and hose clamps.
- Complete daily log books on equipment and submit written and verbal reports to supervisor.
- Load, prime, time, connect and test blasting circuit.
- Place guards at all entrances to the blast, blast according to project standards and remove guards after blasting.
- Maintain working area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
- 5 years or more experience with Jumbo Drill machine in mining field
- Various courses in mining and training
- Demonstrated ability to read mine plans and specifications for underground mining.
- Ontario Basic Underground Hard Rock Mine Service Types - Common Core
- Ontario Basic Underground Hard Rock Miner – Common Core
- Required: Module U0089
How to Applyhttps://redpathmining.talcura.com/Candidates/ShowJob.aspx?JobId=2179&ComingSourceID=400
1253 total views, 1 today