Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent the Maintenance Planner provides leadership and is responsible to develop, implement and maintain reliability based maintenance strategies based on preventive and predictive maintenance to ensure maximum availability and production.
- Provide detailed maintenance planning, scheduling and workflow process to maximise safe working conditions and production targets while forecasting the appropriate resources to maximise mechanical availability according to the preventative maintenance plans;
- Develop detailed job plans within Guide TI that will include the identification of required resources, estimated task duration, and the identification of all materials and services required for execution of the identified work;
- Create work orders for all approved non-emergency work for mechanical equipment;
- Maximise resource productivity by identifying parts, materials, special tools, external services, rentals and documentation;
- Maintain equipment records in the computer maintenance program and analyse equipment performance;
- Lead teams to develop or optimise equipment maintenance tactics and support the maintenance workflow process;
- Generate detailed maintenance department performance reports;
- Supervise crews or contractors as required.
- A degree or diploma in a mechanical field, and/or a valid Inter-Provincial trade qualification certificate in a related field;
- Relevant experience in planning and scheduling both short and long term maintenance initiatives in a mining environment;
- Experience in the use of computerised maintenance management systems, preferably Guide TI and Microsoft programs;
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, organisational, written and communications skills;
- Experience working in a remote setting would be an asset;
- Experience working in a cross-cultural environment would be an asset.
Please visit our website at www.richmont-mines.com to apply for this job, and to view other jobs currently posted.
We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Richmont Mines is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.