Full-Time MANAGER, PROJECT PROCUREMENT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MANAGER, PROJECT PROCUREMENT
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cameco is committed to pursuing operational excellence as a strategic imperative in each stage of the uranium life cycle. Our success in our procurement initiatives makes us a more sustainable company by developing lasting, mutually beneficial relationships with our vendors while maintaining high standards and fair, competitive pricing.
We are looking for a professional who is passionate about the field of supply chain management and strives to build these critical relationships for our project procurement requirements. As a member of the corporate supply chain department you will be responsible for the direction and regulation of all purchasing activities and contracting services as required for the portfolio of Cameco projects. You will lead a group of purchasing professionals and work with stakeholders to develop and implement procurement processes. Your value for safe and ethical business practices will motivate your team to deliver high quality results with integrity.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce or a related discipline
• 12 to 15 years of direct buying and procurement management experience, preferably in mining or other resource industries
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
• Knowledge of transportation and logistics, GST/PST regulations and customs policies
• Experience in contract forming and negotiation, supplier development, inventory management, claims and post award contract management
• Superior communication, organizational, and leadership skills
• Ability to work in a demanding, and fast-paced work environment
• An applicable designation such as CPP, SCMP, CPM or CPSM
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
How to ApplyCameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply. To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2014. Please quote competition number 7045.
1069 total views, 3 today