Full-Time MANAGER, SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
MANAGER, SAFETY, HEALTH, ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY
Cigar Lake Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your role will focus on developing and facilitating safety, health environment and quality (SHEQ) strategies that will transform the Cigar Lake Operation into a world class operation in these areas. Reporting to the general manager, you will provide value-based leadership to the site’s SHEQ programs and personnel. You will build and sustain partnerships with other senior site personnel to support the buy-in and execution of SHEQ programs and initiatives. You will assess, adapt and implement new and best-in-class approaches to the operation’s SHEQ programs, while ensuring cost effectiveness and sustainability.
You will also be responsible for managing the site’s regulatory compliance, while building supportive alliances with the regulators and stakeholders.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- 15 or more years relevant and progressively responsible work experience
- Extensive knowledge of safety, health and environment legislation and their application in the context or uranium mining and milling
- Knowledge of the nuclear industry and regulatory environment, specifically relating to compliance and licensing activities
- Proven track record of being able to deliver results, meet targets and achieve objectives
- Demonstrated leadership ability in SHEQ disciplines through leading multidisciplinary teams
- Work an irregular rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Bachelor’s degree in a related engineering or science discipline
- CRSP or CSP designation
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 21, 2014. Please quote competition number 1606.
1094 total views, 1 today