NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Cigar Lake Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for providing technical expertise to process operations and establishing operational guidelines and control parameters for uranium production, as well as meeting regulatory environmental requirements. Your duties will include participating in goal setting, establishing priorities and work plans and monitoring, troubleshooting and continuously improving process operations and control. You will foster innovation in the team and communicate recommendations to improve work effectiveness while assisting with the coordination of activities, people and resources on small projects to meet project objectives, timelines and budget.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical or metallurgical engineering
- Four to eight years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Standard first aid certification
- Basic radiation certification
- Registration with WHIMIS
- Strong computer skills in MS Office Suite
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 28, 2014. Please quote competition number 5463.
768 total views, 2 today