McArthur River Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the mine general foreman, you will be responsible for supervising and co-ordinating day-to-day underground mine production activities. Providing leadership to the mining crew, you will ensure compliance to company approved policies and operating procedures, ensure proper utilization of manpower and equipment, promote and enforce all safety, radiation and environment standards and provide direction to meet production targets. As a front line supervisor, you will work with the engineering team to plan weekly production activities and take a leadership role in driving production related continual improvement initiatives.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Seven years of underground experience
- Knowledge of raisebore practices, backfill, underground construction and mine development
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Previous supervisory experience
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 30, 2014. Please quote competition number 5805.