Cigar Lake Project
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with Cigar Lake’s mine geology group, your duties will include geological core logging and sampling, geotechnical core logging, underground mapping, diamond drill hole design, computerized data management and data QA/QC. You will also be responsible for updating geological interpretations with the latest geological information, and working with various stakeholders to update 3D geological models of the ore body. You will assist with coordinating daily activities of co-workers according to production and mine development priorities.
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or geological engineering
- 5-8 years of relevant geological experience
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Safety oriented work attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Previous experience working in an underground mine environment
- Experience with Vulcan modeling software
- Experience working with acQuire geological data management system
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is February 11, 2014. Please quote competition number 3241.