Mine Hoist Services Sales Engineer
MINE HOIST SERVICES SALES ENGINEER
FLSmidth Ltd. www.flsmidth.com is the Canadian arm of FLSmidth & CO A/S, a global organization based in Copenhagen, Denmark, employing over 15,000 people worldwide. FLSmidth provides the cement and mineral industries with plants, machinery, services and know-how. We are located in Orillia, Ontario between two lakes in cottage country.
We are seeking a self motivated and outgoing individual to provide technical support to our sales team responsible for promoting and selling new and refurbished mine hoist systems, mine hoist inspections and audits, as well as mine hoist repair and modernization services.
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will have direct to client sales responsibilities.
The successful candidate will be exposed to other FLSmidth mine shaft systems equipment and be expected to become knowledgeable enough to promote such equipment when appropriate.
Applicants should have a mechanical or electrical engineering degree and a professional engineer designation is desirable. Candidates with equivalent qualifications as demonstrated through work experience will be considered.
- Interpret client request for bid requests and specifications:
- Prepare request for quote specifications for issue to mechanical and electrical vendors of sub-systems
- Perform basic mine hoist duty cycle calculations to arrive at and recommend optimized conceptual mine hoist designs including type of mine hoist, drive train configuration and to establish estimated brake system and drive power requirements.
- Prepare conceptual mine hoist designs based on FLSmidth standard designs for the purpose of obtaining vendor quotes for fabrication and supply.
- Evaluate existing equipment installations with respect to potential for performance improvement or production capacity up-rates.
- Recognize and quantify electrical and mechanical drive train components that we outsource and that are required to fulfill client specification requirements.
- Interpret and assure compliance with applicable codes, regulations and legislations relevant to the end user country and jurisdiction.
- Analyze, clarify and qualify supplier proposals.
- Read and interpret hydraulic system schematics and specifications for mine hoist system use.
- Coordinate and oversee preparation of electrical interface drawings associated with mine hoist and shaft equipment systems.
- Attend client sites to conduct mine hoist system condition assessments, clarify client inquiries or requests, provide technical advisory services during mine hoist installation and commissioning, carry out or supervise equipment repairs, revamps, up-rates, modernizations and to provide technical support during client and internal sales meetings.
- Attend client sites to trouble shoot FLSmidth supplied systems.Write service reports.
- Specify and select hoist ropes and rope attachments accurately enough for conceptual design work.
The Services Sales Engineer will possess and be required to use:
- Excellent communications skills to effectively listen to and collaborate with a wide range of personalities encountered in our industry that range from “hands on” mechanics and electricians to highly capable engineers and senior level executives.
- Team building skills to help to continuously increase the strength and value of our combined team.
- Business acumen to recognize and qualify opportunities and then formulate a winning strategy for the company.
- Customer service skills to help ensure customer loyalty and increase the value our customers realize by working with us.
- Problem analysis and problem solving skills to readily recognize root cause of issues and subsequently develop an effective solution.
- Forward and innovative thinking to assist with market share capture.
- Desire and capacity to learn from others and to share knowledge with team members.
- Self motivation to be highly effective and productive.
- A strong desire to help develop and achieve company objectives.
FLSmidth is an equal opportunity employer
To explore this career opportunity, please submit your resume to:firstname.lastname@example.org