Contract Mine Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Tlicho Engineering & Environmental Services Ltd. (TEES), a division of the Tlicho Investment
Corporation (TEES), has a challenging career opportunity as part of the Faro
Mine Remediation Project.
We are searching for the right person to fill a key role in our dynamic, fast-paced, work team. We invite you to join us in providing care and maintenance services at the abandoned Faro
Mine site, an abandoned lead-zinc mine located in Faro, Yukon.
The Faro Mine Complex (FMC) was a lead/zinc mine, which is approximately
25 square kilometres in size and is located in central Yukon, 22 km north of
the Town of Faro and approximately 360 km northeast of Whitehorse. The mine has 70 million tonnes of tailings and 320 million tonnes of waste rock. Both the tailings and waste rock contain
high levels of heavy metals that could leach into the environment. As such, there are significant long-term environmental risks associated with the FMC. Contaminated water is stored, collected and treated with lime to remove heavy metals.
This position is a full time position. The Mine Manager will oversee a wide range of tasks associated with abandoned mine site Care and Maintenance, including health and safety, electrical and mechanical systems, equipment and housing maintenance, and preparation of reports. This role reports to the Project Manager.
Job Skills include, yet are not limited, to the following:
- Experience managing multi-million dollar projects related to mining or remediation
- Experience working with government clients
- Experience as authority and responsibility for a project comparable size and complexity.
- Experience managing mining or remediation operations in a cold weatherclimate or distant regions involving at least two (2) of the following areas:
- Surface water management
- Waste water management
- Earthworks, erosion and sediment control
- Operation and maintenance of electrical or mechanical systems in at least one (1) of the three areas listed above. This may include pumps, pipelines, lime treatment plants, etc.
- Experience managing an on-site staff ranging from 30 to 55, including sub-contractors,
- Experience working with and living in remote northern communities and/or with First Nations.
- Experience delivering public presentations explaining the work conducted at site.
For more information on the Faro Mine Remediation Project, please visit www.faromine.ca
How to Apply
Please forward your resume and salary expectations no later than August 23, 2013 by 5:00 pm to email@example.com with Ref#060413 in the subject line. Please note that only qualified candidates are being considered and 3rd party submissions will be treated as if supplied by the candidate.
1134 total views, 2 today