Full-Time Open Pit Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Our client, a Canadian gold and precious metal mining company with focused operations in Ontario, has a requirement for an Open Pit Manager for their large mining operation. The successful candidate will relocate to the mining municipality and will take ownership of safe, efficient, timely and cost effectiveness of the current mining operation.
Reporting directly to the Mine General Manager the Open Pit Manager is a key member of the mine site senior management team. The successful candidate will be responsible for directing the Mining Department as well as the Technical team while leading the operation, liaising with Senior Management and facilitating ongoing positive collaborate relations with all stakeholders at the Detour Lake mine site, which offers a dynamic, cross cultural work environment.
- Ensure ongoing support for the operation, creating a culture of process improvement and results driven performance.
- Safely achieve the mining production targets and goals.
- Achieve mine plan objectives and provide strategic direction and leadership within the mining department,.
- Uphold standards, legislative requirements and corporate policies.
- Timely, accurate and thorough reporting of business performance.
- Work with senior management to develop, approve and monitor budgeted costs; recommend and implement solutions to ensure production objectives and quality solutions are implemented.
- Work with senior management to deliver annual business plans and strategic business plans (life of mine) that will maximize Company value.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders: community leaders, government authorities, supervisory boards, etc.
In order to be considered for the position of Open Pit Manager the candidate must meet the following requirements;
- Mine Engineering degree or related educational experience consistent with mining operations
- At least 20 years within the open pit mining industry
- 10 years of managerial/leadership experience
- 10 years’ experience with bulk tonnage of at least 150,000 tonnes per day open pit mining with extensive drill and blast, and shovel and truck haulage operating experience
- 10 years’ experience with precious metal mining, preferably Gold
How to Apply
For further information or to apply directly, please contact:
1260 total views, 1 today