Full-Time Mine Operations Shift Foreman
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, metallurgical coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TCK.A and TCK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TCK. Further information about Teck can be found at www.teck.com.
Highland Valley Copper is one of Canada’s largest base metal copper-moly mines and is owned and operated by Teck Resources. The Highland Valley is a very attractive location offering a wide variety of recreational opportunities such as hiking, skiing, fishing and golf. The mine site is a 50 minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which has a population of approximately 85,000 and provides all of the comforts of city living. The mine site is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small town community atmosphere.
We are currently seeking an individual in the role of:
Mine Operations Shift Foreman
Reporting to the Senior Foreman, Mine Operations, the Mine Operations Shift Foreman is accountable for assigning work and co-supervising production crews of approximately 75 people to ensure production objectives for ore and waste are realized in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Promote a work place environment which supports safe and efficient behavior on the job and an awareness of and compliance with environmental, safety, engineering, and Mine Act requirements;
- Schedule operators and equipment to achieve production targets for tonnes, grade, stripping, equipment utilization in a safe, environmentally sound, and cost effective fashion, all in accordance with good mining practice;
- Measure the performance of his/her crew in achieving key operating targets such as safety, attendance, productivity, quality control, environmental compliance, and cost control improving the effectiveness of the crew by communicating the results to his/her crew and his supervisor;
- Coordinate Mine Operations activities with Maintenance and Mill operations personnel to optimize productivity, ore blending, and cost control;
- Communicate with the Senior Foreman, Mine Operations to ensure that the operators on the shift are trained to meet all the requirements safely and productively;
- Administer the collective agreement, safety and mine regulations and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with Company policies and procedures;
- Keep records of all aspects of production achieved on his/her shift per the daily shift log, as well as special reports as required;
- Control movement of machinery within the pit through the dispatch system;
- Participate with the Senior Foreman, Mine Operations in the detailed planning and setup for the next shift;
- Measure the performance of his/her crew in achieving key targets in safety and ensure that all employees know, understand and comply with all safety rules and policies and be held accountable for the safety performance and statistics generated through his/her efforts;
- Work under the direction of the Senior Foreman, Mine Operations to maintain the pit dewatering system.
- Completion of Gr.12 or equivalent;
- Technical diploma, degree or similar qualification in mine engineering;
- Possess a valid shift boss certificate;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in open pit mining;
- Familiar with the operation and functionality of the Wenco Dispatch System;
- Strong interpersonal and management skills;
- Detail-oriented, adaptable, energetic;
- Experience with Microsoft Office.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
How to Apply
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and cover letter via www.teck.com/careers no later than November 8, 2013.
704 total views, 4 today