Full-Time MINE SHAFTPERSON I
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Reporting to the mine shaft foreman, you will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the mine shafts, hoists and conveyances to ensure that the site targets and goals are met in a safe and efficient manner. You will be responsible for conducting and providing oversight of all mine shaft slinging activities. You will provide assistance to the mine shaft foreman to ensure the scheduled progression of materials and people are monitored, documented and completed as required. During the shaft foreman’s absence, you will be responsible for leading shaft crews and assuming shaft foreman’s duties.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma or equivalent
- Minimum five years of mining industry experience
- Previous mine shaft experience
- Slinging and rigging experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Proficient computer skills
- Familiarity with SAP
- Supervisors certificate
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 27, 2014. Please quote competition number 2602.
1160 total views, 2 today