This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Riversdale Resources is an international mining and natural resources company with headquarters in Sydney, Australia. Riversdale’s management team has an extensive track record in the development of both underground and open pit operations producing high quality metallurgical coal for the international steel industry. The company is an equal opportunity employer with a focus on core values of investing in our community and building operations compatible with our focus on safety and environmental stewardship, sustainable over a long term industry cycle.
The Company has exploration activities at Chickaloon, Alaska and an advanced development project in the Crowsnest Pass of Southwest Alberta. The Alberta a project office has been established to manage the Grassy Mountain project which has recently completed a pre-feasibility study incorporating a coal quality test program. The Company is focused on completing a Feasibility study prior to moving onto mine permitting and development.
The Company is now looking for a mining engineer to provide technical support in the areas of mine design, evaluation and planning and manage the preparation of a Feasibility Study for Grassy Mountain with input from multiple consulting groups and the Riversdale internal geology, finance and community teams. The successful applicant will be required to be based in Blairmore, Alberta.
Specific responsibilities by priority
- Manage a stage one feasibility study to a high standard
- Proficient computer skills and familiar with geological and mine planning software packages such as Maptek, Minex, Minesight, Vulcan, Whittle
- Possess the experience to manage a third party mine design and pit optimisation process and integrate input from geological, environmental, community, First Nations, coal preparation and infrastructure design specialists
- Evaluating new technology, determining mine equipment and coal processing requirements, justifying capital expenditures and monitoring a project planning system
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the operations and work in a team based environment
- Strong computer and communication skills
- Knowledge of geostatistics
- Demonstrable experience in financial valuation of mining projects
- Understanding the provincial and federal mine planning certification and permitting process for new mine development
You will be a tertiary qualified and experienced Mining Engineer with 7 to 10 years of primarily open cut coal mining experience in Canada or a similar environment. Your experience and understanding of coal geology, structural geology and coal quality in the area of Mine Planning/Design as well as your knowledge in planning and design software will allow you to deliver a successful Feasibility Study for the Grassy Mountain Project. Experience with Canadian mine permitting and regulatory process will be considered favourably.
Riversdale offers a competitive salary and relocation package and the opportunity ti work with an experienced and established resource development company on one of the most exciting new development projects in the coal sector. The project is located in an area of outstanding natural beauty with exceptional outdoor recreation opportunities.
Please submit all applications via email to Riv.Enquiries@rivresources.com, marked attention to the Managing Director.
2991 total views, 1 today Print Job