Full-Time MINING ESTIMATOR
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: Business Development
Reports to: Chief Estimator
Location: North Bay, ON
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Benefits: Comprehensive Package includes; Health, Dental, Disability, Life, and EFAP.
Salary Range: $70,000 - $90,000
Date Posted: September 19, 2013
Application Deadline: October 28, 2013 at 11:59 p.m.
About Cementation Canada:
You feel passionate about what you do. You made the right decision choosing your career path. The question is, are you in the right place? Is your full potential being realized, are you continuing to develop expertise in your chosen field, and does your passion remain strong? At Cementation we respect experience; we get excited about potential.
Cementation is an underground mine contracting and engineering company. We build mines. Structured to deliver design-build solutions for technically challenging projects, our people build world class shaft sinking and mine development projects. Our work requires a team approach where respect is expected and innovation is encouraged as long as safety is not compromised.
Being an employer of choice in the mining industry has always been a mainstay of our mission statement, and Cementation is proud to have been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for six years. Open the door to new opportunities and grow with us.
- Analyze drawings, designs, specifications, and tender documentation to prepare schedules, cost estimates, and bid documents.
- Schedule critical path activities for project.
- Modify schedules and work plans to suit project managers’ review.
- Apply labour, equipment, and material requirements to each estimate.
- Solicit quotations from vendors and subcontractors. Consult with vendors and specialists to discuss and formulate estimates.
- Determine performance capabilities with detailed cycle time calculations. Adjust theoretical calculations to reflect historical performance achieved.
- Meet and discuss with other employees in the organization to obtain their contributions to the cost estimates.
- File and store supplier/manufacturer information in a centralized cost estimating database. Conduct time studies at project sites and correlate data transfer.
- Utilize the company-wide estimate software to compile estimates and resource allocation.
- Utilize spreadsheet, word processing, scheduling, and presentation software.
- Prepare all tenders in accordance with the “Bidding Process”.
- Assist the department in meeting the deliverable requirements of all tender submissions.
- Prepare back-up estimates and store originals and copies as per procedure.
- Where time permits, assist and support project management to ensure continuity between tender, construction, and project completion.
- Must be available for travel to various sites throughout Cementation and hold a valid passport.
- Travel may include overseas assignments and range from one day to several weeks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships w
- ith internal clients, key business partners, and external clients.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to work under time constraints, manage multiple tasks, establish priorities, and adhere to deadlines.
- Knowledge of provincial and federal mining acts and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Hard Dollar estimating software and MS Project Scheduling software experience with exposure to mining related underground construction, development and shaft sinking.
- Technical writing skills.
- Experience using AutoCAD considered an asset.
- Mining Engineering Degree from a recognized university.
- Registered Professional Engineer Licensed to Practice in the Province of Ontario or working towards the same.
- 3 – 5 years of experience preferably in an underground environment with a portion of time spent in the role of estimator and/or scheduler.
- Experience in underground development,
- construction and shaft sinking, with experience analyzing performances and cycles.
- Experience in Canadian shaft sinking methods and other worldwide practices and comparisons considered an asset.
- All certification required to represent Cementation in a safe and knowledgeable manner in the workplace including, but not limited to, WHIMS, Ontario Common Core Modules one and two, and Norcat Training.
How to Apply
All candidates can apply by sending their application to:
Cementation Canada Inc.
590 Graham Dr.
North Bay ON P1B 7S1
998 total views, 7 today