Full-Time OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH NURSE
McArthur River Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for the health of all workers through prevention, recognition and treatment of illness and injury with the use of special skills and knowledge in the fields of health, education, counselling, environmental health and human relations.
You will provide care and maintenance of illness/injury of all on-site personnel, including employees and contractors. You will deliver educational programs related to your field, provide patient counselling and perform routine employee health tests as they relate to Cameco’s health and safety policies on site.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Registered nurse
- Two to three years of relevant nursing experience, preferably in a remote setting
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Eligible for registration with the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association
- Excellent decision-making, interpersonal and communication skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Critical and/or pre-hospital care St. John’s Ambulance First Aid instructor, basic trauma life support, advanced cardiac life support, audiometric technician or occupational health nursing certifications
- Nurse practitioner designation
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 22, 2014. Please quote competition number 5402.
2184 total views, 2 today