Principal Metallurgist (Corporate)
Primero Mining Corp. (“Primero”) is a Canadian-based gold and silver producer with operations in Mexico and intentions to become a leading intermediate gold producer in the Americas. Primero is focused on delivering sustainable, superior value for all stakeholders with low-risk exposure to gold.
Position: Principal Metallurgist (Corporate)
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Job Category: Full Time
Travel Required: Yes
Job Description: To support current operations and potential projects in development, Primero is expanding its technical services team to contribute to cost savings and production improvement. Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, the successful candidate will be involved with operations and projects. As part of the technical services team, the Principal Metallurgist will be integrally involved in project evaluation and mining processing and production improvement. Some travel may be required.
This position offers the opportunity to gain experience and contribute in the expansion of a future leading intermediate gold producer in the Americas.
Qualifications and Skills Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in metallurgy or chemical engineering
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in a similar role, with 5 years as a lead metallurgist, with a focus on gold metallurgy and gold and copper deposits
- Previous experience working in a corporate environment
- Proven organizational skills, ability to impact and influence others and to prioritize own work
- Innovation ability, with strong analytical skills and solid attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, written and verbal
- Proven aability to be a team player with strong relationship building skills
- Fluent in Spanish
- Advanced software skills
Compensation: Competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package will be provided.
Individuals meeting the criteria above are encouraged to submit their resume, with a cover letter referencing this position to: email@example.com
Primero appreciates all candidates’ interest in the position. Only those shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.