Principal Specialist – Mining
Explore a different kind of company. One that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards. We provide world-class engineering and scientific solutions to our clients in the Mining, Energy, Transportation and Development sectors. Our people come from a wide range of backgrounds and fields of study. They represent the best in their respective disciplines and specializations. Together, they make it possible to assemble multidisciplinary teams that provide clients with a full-service approach to their unique needs.
Tetra Tech EBA, has progressively expanded since its inception in 1966 and, today, clients are served by more than 700 engineers, scientists, technologists, and support staff from offices predominantly across western and northern Canada. Tetra Tech EBA is a values-based consulting engineering and sciences company that offers exciting challenges and fulfilling rewards to our employees. Since 2010, we are part of the Canadian family of Tetra Tech (NASDAQ: TTEK) companies, with over 3,500 employees working from over 50 offices across the country, and over 13,000 employees worldwide.
Our Vancouver office is currently seeking an experienced Mining Professional to join our expanding team. The successful candidate will join a multidisciplinary team providing mining, geological and civil engineering services to a wide variety of clients.
- Provide mining and geological services with respect to mine engineering, resource and reserve estimation, mine site infrastructure and closure and reclamation design of mine facilities;
- Carry out analytical and design functions for projects at stages ranging from resource evaluation to Feasibility studies through Detailed Engineering and Construction to Closure and Reclamation;
- Provide hands-on project management for projects according to client-approved scopes of work;
- Provide senior level technical review on mining projects;
- Participate in business development and strategic planning;
- Mentoring, training, and developing internal resources
- Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geological Engineering or Geological Sciences;
- A minimum of 20 years of experience, preference to those with Canadian operational mine site experience;
- Experience in design and modelling with mining software including GEMS, Leapfrog, VentSim, Whittle or other comparable mining software.
- Proven capabilities working productively in project teams;
- Registration or Eligibility to register as a Professional Engineer or Professional Geologist in the Province of British Columbia
- Solid understanding of and exposure to regulatory bodies with respect to mine closure planning and permitting of tailings and waste management facilities
- A specialization in one or more of the following areas: underground mining; mine closure design; due diligence reviews; or mine start-ups.
- Travel as required by project requirements (up to 20% of available time)
All qualified candidates will be considered for the role and will be eligible for relocation allowance if selected (and are located outside of Vancouver). Candidate will preferably be based in Vancouver B.C.
Qualified applicants presently residing outside Canada and meeting the above requirements will be considered. Tetra Tech EBA has assisted such candidates in the past in moving and immigrating to Canada.
We offer a great place to work, and an engaging culture that is based on innovation, collaboration and integrity. Our compensation plan includes a competitive salary with a comprehensive benefits package, shareholding opportunities in our parent company and excellent opportunities for growth and advancement.