GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITY AND SUMMARY
This role will appeal to a collaborative projects leader motivated to play a substantive role in taking Centerra Gold through its next phase of growth and development. Reporting to the Vice President Projects, the Project Manager is responsible for the management and coordination of technical-economic studies, as assigned, ranging from high level scoping studies to detailed feasibility studies. The Project Manager will also be responsible for the smooth transitioning of projects from feasibility into detailed engineering and eventual construction, ensuring that project implementation is consistent with the approved plan. Responsible for developing the project schedules and effective implementation according to timelines, costs and quality controls of all project activities; build positive professional relationships internally as well as with contractors/consultants, vendors and employees. This will require close liaison with the Centerra and especially country based senior management, who will be responsible for specific in-country activities and for ensuring a successful operation. Ensure compliance with Government regulations and the ethical standards of Centerra, as specified in the International Business Conduct policy. Will be involved in other projects undertaken by Centerra. Will ensure that best practices are implemented for project management plan and eventually, over execution/construction for all other aspects like Health and Safety Plan. Will support and help to develop Centerra projects’ KPIs in accordance of the Best Practices.
- Delivers technical-economic studies for projects as assigned, compiles and submits project justifications as required.
- Responsible for developing resource allocation and procurement plans, and PERT/CPM-based schedules, and adhering to schedules and cost controls as budgeted.
- Create and maintain a project schedule, which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
- Develop and maintain cost control and reporting systems of high quality for all Capital Projects, in a format that is acceptable to all.
- Secure and oversee contracts with outside parties.
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, ensuring effective exchange of project information and deliverables and identify, analyze, prioritize, mitigate and communicate project risks.
- Provide and promote high standards of professionalism, integrity and leadership throughout the life of project(s), both within and outside Centerra, appropriately representing Centerra’s business philosophies, protocols and standards.
- Manage quality trade-offs and acquire appropriate resources to meet project needs.
- Ensure project management policies and guidelines are followed promoting safe work conditions and proactive collaboration and relationship building skills.
- Adhere to and promote the cost budget and the cost controls provided by the company.
- Support M&A as required.
- Internal: Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, VP Projects, Senior Management, Business Development, Site Operational Management, Human Resources, Government Relations Specialists, Finance/Accounting and Legal.
- External: Contractors, Engineering Consulting Firms, personnel from other companies.
- 15+ years of experience in relevant project management environment, 6-8 years in the gold mining industry is preferred.
- Successful track record of implementation and commissioning stages of project(s) in international environment.
- Demonstrated experience directing internal and client teams involved in multiple activities.
- Ability to strategically and tactically organize and structure activities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in mediation, negotiation and presentation.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong decision making & problem solving skills, with appropriate risk management competencies.
- Meets following physical work requirements:
- While this role is based in the Toronto Corporate Office, frequent travel to visit sites and meet with clients is required — up to 21 days away per month.
- Travel to remote & hardship areas with limited medical facilities.
- University degree in engineering, preferably in Civil or Electrical. An advanced degree would be an asset
- PMP designation or technical credentials in project management is preferred.
How to Apply
How to Apply:
To apply on line please visit:
We thank all candidates for their applications, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We would kindly appreciate no phone calls
737 total views, 3 today