Full-Time Provincial Mining Recorder, Manager Operations Unit
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Provincial Mining Recorder, Manager Operations Unit
Are you a highly motivated and innovative team player with considerable knowledge and experience in mineral exploration practices and techniques? If this peaks your interest, consider joining the Mining Recorder’s Program with the Ministry of Northern Development and Mines.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this position, you will:
• ensure quality program delivery in accordance with relevant legislation, regulations and policy
• provide professional and technical guidance and advice to senior management, ministry staff and mining industry
• convene legal hearings, represent the Ministry in court, record legal documents, research and determine land status
• prepare documentation and briefing notes for senior management on land-related issues
• provide leadership, guidance and direction to employees in the management of office administration activities and resources
• maintain an awareness of current and changing climates, initiatives and opinions affecting the mining industry
• participate on inter-ministerial committees, working groups and private sector initiatives
Location: 933 Ramsey Lake Road, Sudbury, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Management and Leadership Skills:
• you have proven leadership and mentorship skills including coaching, performance management and team building experience
• you have demonstrated skills in managing the unit’s human, material and financial resources
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
• you have comprehensive knowledge and experience in land-related legislation and land tenure administration
• you have working knowledge of mineral exploration practices and techniques
• you have the ability to interpret and apply relevant legislation such as the Mining Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act and other regulations and guidelines
• you have working knowledge of courtroom procedures
Stakeholder Relations and Communication Skills:
• you have excellent interpersonal and communication skills to provide sound direction and advice to a range of internal and external contacts
• you can prepare and deliver legal decisions, public work orders, technical reports, proposals, issues and briefing notes and communication plans
• you have the ability to build and maintain relationships across the organization as well as external stakeholders and represent the Ministry on various committees
• you have excellent analytical, negotiation and issues management skills to manage a range of sensitive issues, complaints and queries and provide resolutions
• you have an understanding of administrative and financial functions and the ability to prepare work plans, provide program delivery and work within financial controls and guidelines
Salary range: $66,884.00 – $85,006.00 per year
How to Apply
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 60490, by March 17, 2014. Faxes are not being accepted at this time. If you need employment accommodation, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.
1933 total views, 1 today