Full-Time Recycling Superintendent
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Glencore is one of the world’s largest global diversified natural resource companies. Our global network comprises more than 90 offices located in over 50 countries, plus we have over 150 mining and metallurgical sites, offshore oil production assets, farms and agricultural facilities.
We employ approximately 190,000 people and it’s these people that we value above all else.
They are our greatest asset.
Our strategy is to maintain and build upon our position as a leading integrated producer and marketer of commodities worldwide.
Join us and let’s grow together.
Ref. No. RW0753
Reporting to the Commercial Manager, the incumbent is responsible for managing existing accounts and identifying and developing new markets for secondary streams that will be processed at Glencore’s North American metallurgical plants. The major components of the position include market development, material identification, financial/commercial evaluation, competitive analysis, contract negotiations, customer relationship management, and problem solving through the processing and settlement phases of the contract. Market and business development initiatives are important components of the role.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferable in engineering or commerce.
- A minimum of 3 years of industrial marketing experience or similar, preferably in the mining and metallurgical industries. An understanding of shipping markets, materials handling issues, assaying techniques and sampling theory is preferred.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure, including negotiation of large value contracts and the ability to act autonomously.
- A demonstrated ability to develop relationships and establish customer networks within our markets.
- Strong analytical skills and high level proficiency in Excel.
- Capabilities to complete project work and to articulate findings and recommendations both in written and presentation form.
- Capability to provide a leadership role and build consensus with key stakeholders in order to achieve specific commercial objectives.
- Fluency in a second language, French in particular, would be a plus.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications and will be complemented by a comprehensive benefits package. This role involves approximately 20%-25% travel.
Applications close 7/September/2013
Apply at glencorexstrata.com/careers
Because the resources we value most are the people we employ.
How to Apply
1077 total views, 1 today