Full-Time SENIOR ENGINEER, ELECTRICAL
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working in the maintenance engineering group, you will have supervisory responsibilities for electrical and instrumentation technologists and are responsible for the design of power and control systems for ongoing operational improvements and small projects.
You will support the various operational groups on site with electrical design, troubleshooting, as well as in the construction and commissioning of various projects as required. In addition, you will maximize equipment availability, reliability and performance through effective problem solving and maintenance practices.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering
- Seven to 12 years of relevant industry experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience will be considered
- Knowledge of Canadian Electrical Code, IEEE and CSA electrical standards
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Experience with installation, commissioning and maintenance of industrial power systems including motor control centres, switchgear, VFDs, and transformers
- Experience with design of single lines, panel / cable schedules, schematics and wiring diagrams, grounding, and lighting
- Experience providing engineering support to field electricians
- Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 31, 2014. Please quote competition number 2881.
870 total views, 1 today