Full-Time SENIOR ENGINEER, MINE
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
SENIOR ENGINEER, MINE
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a senior mine engineer you will be a member of the technical services group reporting through to the principal mine engineer. The technical services group is based in Saskatoon and is responsible for providing senior level mining, metallurgy and ground freezing technical expertise to Cameco’s various operations throughout Northern Saskatchewan, the US, Kazakhstan and Australia.
In this role, you will be working as a mining specialist providing support to our producing operations, completing designs or design reviews of new mines, mining areas or facilities for both underground and open pit mines. You will also be providing mining expertise to support other departments within the organization.
You may also participate on teams evaluating plausible mining scenarios and operational economics and conducting due diligence for potential property acquisitions worldwide.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geological, geotechnical or mine engineering
- At least seven years of experience in underground mining or progressive mine engineering positions, or equivalent
- You must be eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Experience with mine planning software, ventilation and long range planning
- Exposure to financial evaluations of mineral projects
- Experience in open pit mining or mine consulting
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is May 9, 2014. Please quote competition number 5503.
1281 total views, 1 today