Full-Time SENIOR ENGINEER, MINE
SENIOR ENGINEER, MINE
Rabbit Lake Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the mine engineering group, you will be responsible for underground mine development planning, scheduling and priority setting to achieve short and long-term mine objectives. With safety as your core value, you will focus on high quality results to achieve production targets. You will provide technical support in the key areas of long range mine planning, longhole drilling and blasting, ground control, ventilation and mine water management.
You will also be responsible for reporting on departmental progress, as well as identifying and developing continual improvement areas to support the needs of the operation.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
• Bachelor’s degree in mine engineering
• Seven to 12 years of progressive experience
• Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
• Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
• Experience in the mining industry
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to ApplyTo explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is September 30, 2014. Please quote competition number 7545.
605 total views, 6 today