Full-Time Senior Hydrogeologist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Discover what’s possible.
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. In a period of significant growth, we remain committed to the highest standards, applying technology and innovation to meet energy demands in a safe, reliable and environmentally sound manner. No matter what your career path, we provide the platform to elevate your goals and achieve your ambitions, while providing support through wide -ranging programs and benefits.
The successful candidate will be a member of Imperial’s Operations Technical – Mining organization and will report to the Water Resources Supervisor.
The Senior Hydrogeologist oversees data collection, concept selection, and design of groundwater management systems.
• Be a safety leader – support and adhere by all standards and procedures and operate with safety as a value
• Provide overall hydrogeological technical expertise on aquifer management, pumping systems, liners and seepage cut-off walls
• Plan and lead hydrogeological investigations
• Steward mine groundwater management systems, including alternative assessments, design oversight, and cost analysis
• Prepare and deliver presentations on hydrogeology programs to management, regulators and external reviewers
• Manage hydrogeology data collection and environmental studies related to design and regulatory submissions
• Integrate groundwater, surface water and geotechnical conditions into designs
• Design and implement monitoring programs to assure operational integrity and regulatory compliance
• Optimization studies in support of continuous improvement initiatives
• Undergrad Degree in Hydrogeology, Geology, Geological Engineering, Engineering Geology or related discipline
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in hydrogeology, preferably in oil sands
• Excellent communication skills
• Previous experience in oil sands is an asset
The successful applicant will join a growing oil sands team that will contribute to one of the largest and technically challenging resource development projects in Canada. This position provides excellent opportunity for professional growth within the organization.
Imperial provides comprehensive training, and encourages and supports employees in continuing their learning and development in their chosen profession, as well as in obtaining a broader understanding of other aspects of our business, to reach their full potential. We offer an excellent working environment, competitive salary as well as attractive benefits. Relocation assistance will be provided to successful candidate, if required.
How to ApplyFor more details on the position/requirements and to apply, please visit the Experienced Professional Recruitment section of our website at www.imperialoil.ca/careers and submit your resume by June 27, 2014. Successful applicants must: • Be permanently eligible to work in Canada • Participate in pre-employment background screening Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability for other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates. Discover what’s possible for your career and apply today at www.imperialoil.ca/careers
1034 total views, 3 today