Full-Time Senior Mine Geologist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Join Cigar Lake’s mine geology group and be instrumental in supporting commissioning activities and the start of mine production. Responsibilities will include:
- Development of geological and geotechnical models to support mine planning
- Design, coordination and technical oversight of underground and surface drill programs
- Coordinating the collection and management of underground mapping and core logging data
- Supervision of geologists and technical staff
- Continual improvement of mine geology operating procedures and systems to achieve industry best practices
Moving forward into production you will play a key role in grade control, production monitoring and reconciliation activities for compliance and reporting purposes. You will also assume a leadership role when the chief mine geologist is off-site.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in geology or geological engineering
- 8 to 12 years of progressive underground mine geology and supervisory experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Eligible for registration with the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Saskatchewan (APEGS)
- Strong communication, leadership, planning and organizational skills
- A team player who is committed to achieving departmental and operational targets as well as developing people
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Experience with Vulcan modeling software
- Experience with grade control, production monitoring, reconciliation and reporting
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is September 10, 2013. Please quote competition number CIG13-057.
1063 total views, 2 today