Full-Time Senior Resource Geologist
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
POSITION TITLE: Senior Reource Geologist
LOCATION: Vancouver, BC (or Toronto, ON)
Macquarie’s Metals and Energy Capital (“MEC”) Division provides a wide range of financing alternatives as well as commodity and currency hedging and trading facilities to its clients in the mining and oil and gas sectors. MEC has offices in Sydney, Perth, Vancouver, Toronto, London, Houston and Calgary and is a division of Macquarie Bank Ltd,. a Sydney-based A rated banking institution which is part of Australian Stock Exchange listed Macquarie Group.
MEC has an opportunity for a Senior Resource Geologist to join the team in Vancouver to assist in the technical aspects of originating and evaluating investment and loan opportunities and managing the existing mining loan and investment portfolio. The ideal candidate is an experienced, professional geologist with an interest in applying their technical experience to mining finance. This position could be located in Toronto for the right candidate.
This outstanding opportunity will suit a commercially oriented person wishing to leverage their strong mining industry background and pursue a career in mining finance. MEC has a strong platform with several decades of experience and a track record of successful financings and relationships both internationally and in Canada.
- Sourcing, structuring and assessing new finance facilities and investments in the mining sector, with a focus on precious and base metals.
- Analyzing technical, commercial and financial information and preparing and presenting submissions to senior management and the Credit group for approval.
- Undertaking site visits to mining projects.
- Managing and executing technical due diligence.
- Working closely with internal colleagues, external clients and consultants to evaluate, implement and manage debt and equity transactions.
- Maintaining and developing relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Must be available for travel between 30-50%.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Ideally 10-15 years of technical experience working within, and/or consulting to, the mining industry.
- Practical mine site experience, preferably including significant exposure to both open pit and underground mining across several operations is required.
- Ideally, experience working in North America (Canada and Nevada area) is desirable.
- Strong resource and reserve estimation experience and a critical understanding of geostatistical techniques. Experience with different deposit types/styles is a desirable asset.
- Experience with other aspects of mining besides geology, for example preparing feasibility studies.
- Attention to detail and sound judgment in assessing mining related opportunities.
- Must have excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to build strong, sustainable relationships.
- An eye for industry trends and a network of industry contacts is a highly desirable.
- Exposure to, and further studies in, commercial and/or finance areas is advantageous.
- University degree in Geology.
- MBA, focusing on mining finance is an asset.
At this time we are only able to accept applicants who are Canadian citizens, have Canadian PR status, have a valid Canadian work visa, or American citizens who meet the NAFTA requirements to work in Canada.
How to Apply
2149 total views, 3 today