Full-Time SPECIALIST, ENVIRONMENT
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Rabbit Lake Operation
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be responsible for providing technical support, maintenance and quality assurance of Rabbit Lake’s environment program. You will gather and analyse environmental data, as well as develop recommendations to help design the environmental protection aspects of technical projects. You will also ensure the proper functioning of Rabbit Lake’s environmental management system (EMS) and regulatory monitoring programs. You will continually monitor and analyse the program data to provide recommendations to reduce the operation’s environmental impact.
You will aid in the co-ordination and completion of quarterly, monthly and ad-hoc reporting, will act as primary reviewer on technical environmental reports and study designs, and will aid in the coordination of special studies and monitoring activities, as required. In addition, you will provide vacation coverage for the environment officers, which will result in taking on temporary supervisory responsibilities of the technicians. Other duties include training and project management for environmental leadership (EL) and EMS projects.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental sciences or a related natural science
- Three to five years of relevant work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Experience with environmental monitoring procedures
- Knowledge of environmental technology in the mining and nuclear industry
- Superior communication, computer and presentation skills are required
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 29, 2014. Please quote competition number 2501.
1153 total views, 1 today