SPECIALIST, ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Online Reference No: 58890
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working within the environmental affairs and regulatory relations department, you
will guide strategy development and provide consultative services to Cameco’s projects and operations ensuring that environmental leadership is integrated into
core operational management systems.
You will establish and maintain an environmental leadership performance planning and business intelligence system to assist management in strategic planning and decision making aimed at minimizing the environmental impact of Cameco’s operations. Working with a variety of stakeholders you will advise and provide oversight on the incorporation of environmental design, architecture and engineering for new projects. You will also be responsible for integration of environmental leadership into existing operational systems.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental engineering, environmental science
or a related discipline
- Seven to twelve years relevant work experience
- Two or more years experience in the mining and/or nuclear industry
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental technology
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders including management, technical and operations staff as well as external agencies and consultants
- Strong long-term planning, project management and organizational abilities
- Post graduate degree in a related field
- Professional engineer or other related professional designation and registration with the applicable provincial association
Applicants will be considered for a level within the job progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is January 21, 2014. Please quote competition number 1676.