Full-Time TECHNICIAN, EXPLORATION SHEQ
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
TECHNICIAN, EXPLORATION SHEQ
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will monitor, audit and maintain aspects of the exploration division’s safety, health, environment and quality management system (SHEQ) in their Saskatoon office and Canadian exploration programs, including development and updating manuals, programs, plans and procedures. You will conduct routine monitoring of exploration camps, drilling and geophysical programs across Canada, as well as liaise with contractors and exploration employees to ensure adherence to SHEQ policies and regulatory requirements, as well as follow through on corrective actions from internal and external audits and incident reporting.
In addition, you will assist in the maintenance of the document control and record keeping system, as well as prepare and assist exploration personnel with SHEQ documentation as required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Diploma in a relevant science
- Certificate in quality management systems, or equivalent
- Two to five years of relevant work experience in an exploration or operations environment
- Knowledge and experience with environmental requirements ISO 14001
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and computer skills
- Position is based in Saskatoon, however travel to exploration projects is required
- Auditor or lead auditor training
- Applied science technologist
- Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation
Applicants will be considered for a level within the progression, which is appropriate to their qualifications.
• competitive pay
• superior benefits
• employee share ownership plan for all employees
• Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
How to Apply
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is April 17, 2014. Please quote competition number 5243.
1169 total views, 1 today