Asset Rights Analyst
Asset Rights Analyst
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Your primary responsibility is to provide support and maintain exploration and mining asset rights. Working closely with other analyst team members, exploration projects teams as well as Cameco’s northern mine sites, you will be responsible for actively managing surface, mineral title and agreements through application or acquisition in the development of land and permit strategies. You will also maintain mineral title portfolio and verify that data is current, relevant and accessible. You will prepare title for relinquishment or divestment. You will support compliance with regulatory requirements and research information on mineral title for the jurisdictions where exploration currently operates.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Minimum of six years of relevant work experience in mineral title and land management
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Strong systems capability, working knowledge of spreadsheet applications, database management and word processing
- Excellent research, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to successfully build and maintain working relationships with all relevant stakeholders
- Strong presentation and reporting skillsAssets:
- Business or legal background
- ArcMap / ArcGIS
- Asset Management software (i.e. LeaseControl or FlexiCadastre)
- SAP experience
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is July 25, 2017. Please quote competition number 26965.