Assistant – Raisebore Operator (2018-3070)
Expand your skills and discover your potential with Redpath. Are you looking for a challenging and rewarding opportunity? Redpath is currently seeking expressions of interest from Assistant Raisebore Operators. Candidate must have the Basic Ontario Common Core Certification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary role of the Assistant Raisebore Operator is to assist the Raisebore Operator in all facets of operating the raisedrill machinery, including moving, set up, pilot hole drilling, installation/ removal of reamer, MUBO tool, inspection and tear down.
- Must be able to comprehend written and verbal instructions as required to perform his duties in a safe and efficient manner
- Assisting the Raisebore Operator as required with the operation, set-up, etc. of the Redpath raisedrill fleet
- Receive direction on the various duties with respect to the safe and efficient operation of the raisedrill
- Connect various components on the raisedrill as required
- Assist with reading and interpreting engineering plans to set up the raisedrill and assemble components
- Assist with minor repairs as required
- Assist the crew with maintaining a clean work site, storage of materials and spare parts
- Must be able to follow proper procedure to ensure safety and to control equipment damage
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Skills and Qualifications required
Required: Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
Required: Basic Ontario Common Core Certification
Preferred: Some experience in long hole drilling
Preferred: Some college education – in mechanical or trades related
Ability to follow directions
- Ability to adjust raisedrill parameters to compensate for changing ground conditions
- Limited but evolving knowledge of various classes of raisedrills
- Knowledge of raisebore drill operations
- Knowledge of drilling machinery
- Basic knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical systems
- Limited but evolving ability to read and interpret engineering plans
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to do perform routine maintenance on machines
- Ability to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to multi task and work effectively
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently
The individual will have the authority and responsibility for maintaining a safe and efficient working environment. He or she must follow company safety and health standards and report any unsafe acts or conditions to his or her supervisor. The individual is responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e., lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation. He or she is also responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.