Certified Electrical Technician (2019-3535)
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent for Redpath Raisebore Limited, the Certified Electrical Technician provides design services for the Manager, Electrical Engineering, and the Operations group. This is to enable the implementation of project work in accordance with safety, codes and standards, schedule, quality and cost control.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare functional descriptions of process controls and sequence of operations
- Application and setup of VFD and multi axis servo control systems
- Development and support of PLC and HMI programs for use on industrial equipment
- Ensure compliance with legislation, regulations, policies and procedures as related to electrical installations
- Panel design (AUTOCAD)
- Read and process engineering documents, including P&IDs, process design guidelines, Electrical Schematics, Communications Network Architecture and engineering best practices guides.
- Contribute to the design of process controls strategies and documentation with operator and equipment safety in mind.
- Providing system monitoring, debugging and troubleshooting of operational problems
Education and Work Experience:
- Must be Certified Electrician Technician with Electrical License
- Candidates must be a graduate of Electrical Engineering, Robotics and Automation, or related technology diploma program or have a degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ underground mining industry experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in PLC/HMI programming and troubleshooting
- Bilingual is an asset
PLC/HMI development and programming experience is required
Effective and creative problem solver, strategic thinking
Strong AutoCAD, Microsoft Office (Word & Excel) skills
Understanding of electrical/electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems
High level of attention to detail, neatness and accuracy
Strong analytical and presentation skills
Ability to work independently and collaboratively
Percentage of Travel Required
Up to 50% (some unscheduled as required)
Redpath Canada Limited is committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.