Chief Engineer, Mine Services
Torex is an emerging intermediate gold producer based in Canada, engaged in the exploration, development and operation of its 100% owned Morelos Gold Property, an area of 29,000 hectares in the highly prospective Guerrero Gold Belt located 180 kilometers southwest of Mexico City. Within this property, Torex has the El Limón Guajes Mine, which announced commercial production in March of 2016 and the Media Luna Project, which is in an early stage of development and for which the Company issued a preliminary economic assessment (PEA) in 2015. The property remains 75% unexplored.
The Media Luna deposit, hosted in a magnetic anomaly south of the Balsas River, was discovered in March of 2012 and has current inferred resources of 51.1 million tonnes at a grade of 4.48 gpt Au Eq. (2.40 gpt Au, 26.59 gpt Ag and 0.99% Cu). It is located approximately 6 kilometers south east of the El Limon Guajes Mine. It is planned to advance the Media Luna project into production; To enable this, additional work is required.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Vice President, Engineering, the Chief Engineer, Mine Services will be a pivotal team member of our internal engineering team. The purpose of the role is designing the support mining systems required for the development and production of the Media Luna Project to enable Media Luna to be developed as feed source for the ELG Process plant. In this role, the individual will be supported by the internal team as well as a team of external experts.
- Lead the Mine Services project team
- Design of the Mining Systems required for development and operation of Media Luna Mine:
- Movement of ore, waste out of the mine and tailings back for use as fill
- Movement of people/supplies to the work area
- Fill placement
- Water supply
- Energy distribution
- Development of costing for installation and operation of Mining Systems of Media Luna Mine
- Mining, Civil or Geological Engineering degree
- Minimum 10 years of experience working within the Mining Industry – minimum 3 years at an underground mine operation
Knowledge & Skills
- Underground mining experience essential
- Experience in project planning a benefit
- Industry “expert” in one or more of Mine Services fields
- Fluent in English, Spanish is an asset
- Great communication skills. This job will require to work transversally within the different teams.
- Should have some of these Observable Behaviours
- Team leadership and team membership behaviours.
- Innovative, able to find creative solutions
- Handles confidential information with appropriate discretion.
- Diligent, detailed, and thorough in collecting data
If you are a qualified and experienced engineering professional, please submit your resume via email to: email@example.com Please include in the subject line “C001 - Chief Engineer, Mine Services".
Torex Gold Resources is an equal opportunity employer. We are proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodation, please indicate this when you apply and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.