Chief Mine Engineer
Job Position: Chief Mine Engineer
Location: Empire State Mine, 408 Sylvia Lake Road, Gouverneur, NY
Employer: St. Lawrence Zinc Company, a Titan Mining Corp. company.
Posted Date: 01 February 2017
Titan Mining Corporation is reopening the Empire State Mines, operated by St. Lawrence Zinc Company, in upstate New York near the town of Gouverneur. We are currently assembling our key operations team and are seeking a well-credentialed professional with narrow-vein mining experience to fill the role of Chief Mine Engineer.
This mine site based position is an excellent opportunity for someone to join the organization and make a significant impact while working with the senior leadership team to lead and guide the organization.
Responsibilities, Essential Functions and Expectations:
- Direct responsibility for creation, refinement and implementation of mine plan to achieve budgeted tonnage and grade targets.
- Establish and execute short and long term planning strategies that support the growth of the operation.
- Supervise mine engineering team.
- Facilitate weekly planning meetings to coordinate activities to meet short and long goals.
- Responsible for organizational development of mine engineering team.
- Communicate effectively with Geology and Mining departments.
- Coordinate mine surveying activities.
- Plan, recommend and coordinate mining process, type and equipment capacity requirements.
- Coordinate mining activities including planning, ore control, reconciliation and reporting.
- Monitoring, evaluating and optimizing underground mining performance.
- Design, implement and monitor underground construction projects.
- Prepare and adhere to annual department budgets.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure compliance with relevant MSHA standards, rules and regulations.
- Responsible for ensuring that the department activities are consistent with established safety and environmental practices.
- Coordinate underground hazard identification activities and address through evaluation, mining method, design and use of best available practices.
- Foster cooperation, collaboration and innovation through teamwork and communication.
- Work collaboratively with the Mine Manager.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Skills, Education and Experience:
- Sc. In Mine Engineering (or related equivalent).
- 5-7 years of experience in mine engineer role in underground mine.
- Experience with narrow-vein, long-hole and conventional mining methods is essential.
- Experience with specialized computer applications for mine design, modeling and mapping.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Pro-active, self-motivated, capable of leading others and delivering the work product as required in a lean environment.
- Willing to coach and mentor team members to create a highly effective team.
Interested parties should submit their cover letter and resume to:
St. Lawrence Zinc Company
408 Sylvia Lake Road
Gouverneur, NY 13642
P: 315 535 3207
M: 315 921 7223