Community Relations Liaison
Community Relations Liaison
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Cameco Cameco Corporation and AREVA Resources Canada Inc., as part of its Athabasca Community Relations program, are seeking a full-time Community Liaison to work out of the community of Black Lake Denesuline First Nation. This position is one of three Community Liaison positions for Black Lake Denesuline First Nation, Fond du Lac Denesuline First Nation, Hatchet Lake Denesuline First Nation, Wollaston, Stony Rapids, Camsell Portage and Uranium City. This position’s primary responsibility will be to Black Lake Denesuline First Nation and Stony Rapids.
- Assist Cameco and AREVA with the implementation of the Athabasca Collaboration Agreement, as required
- Assist Cameco and AREVA to coordinate efforts to train, recruit, and retain Athabasca residents for employment in connection with their operations
- Assist in maintaining a skills database, support implementing the skill development training plans, and will otherwise support capacity and skills development strategies for the company
- Will assist with the community engagement and environmental stewardship initiatives of Cameco and AREVA
- Liaise with Cameco and AREVA mine sites, Black Lake Denesuline First Nation and the hamlet of Stony Rapids, including operation and community visits
- Represent AREVA and Cameco at Chief/council and public meetings and report pertinent information back to the companies
- Answer inquiries related to the operations.
- Creating and maintaining statistical and informational reports
- Assisting both companies and long-term contractors with the recruitment process, including presentations to high school and post-secondary students
- Logistical planning, Dene translation and emceeing required meetings
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12
- Two to three years of relevant work experience
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to speak Dene and English
- Class 5 driver’s license
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience considered
- Frequent travel on short notice
– Experience in the mining industry
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is March 31, 2017. Please quote competition number 26105.