McArthur River, SK
POSITION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
You will assist with the organization and execution of all underground construction at the McArthur River Operation including backfill and concrete placement, bulkhead building, ventilation work, installation of backfill gantry and backfill plug and shotcreting. Under the direction of the mine foreman, you will oversee the construction crew in their daily activities, as well as train new personnel in safe construction methods. You will also be responsible to operate various underground mobile equipment and work with a SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) when required.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Requirements of the position:
- Minimum Grade 12 diploma, or equivalent
- A minimum of five years of industrial construction and carpentry related experience required
- Previous underground and equipment operating experience
- Good reading, writing and communication skills are essential
- Ability to understand blueprints
- Strong organizational and leadership skills
- Excellent safety and attendance record
- Work a rotational schedule and commute to site by aircraft
- Journeyperson carpenters ticket
Safety is a top priority at Cameco. Successful candidates for all safety sensitive positions must pass a substance test as a condition of employment.
- competitive pay
- superior benefits
- employee share ownership plan for all employees
- Live Better wellness program
Cameco values diversity. In keeping with this principle and our employment equity goals, we particularly encourage qualified applicants from the designated equity groups to apply.
To explore this career opportunity, please visit www.camecocareers.com. Deadline for applications is August 28, 2017. Please quote competition number 27485.