Construction Miner – Red Lake, ON – Cochenour (2017-2608)
Location: RedLake, Ontario
Rotation: 3 weeks on - 3 weeks off
Shift Length: 12 hours (Averaging hours site)
Travel: Provided from airport closest to point of hire
Accommodation: Camp Setting
Compensation: J.S. Redpath Limited offers comprehensive benefits
- Drug test
- Criminal Background check
- 2 years’ experience operating a remote scoop
- Underground Hard Rock Mining Common Core (Ontario) + U0085a and U0086 or FMTM (Formation Modulaire du Québec)
Selected candidates will commit to work in accordance wit laws, regulations, procedures and policies. Workers have a duty to maintain a safe workplace an to correct any unsafe actions. Employees must also commit to strict principles of integrity, ethics, and respect for indigenous communities.
The primary role of the Construction Miner (Development) is to perform such work as shotcreeting, building refuge stations, crusher stations, muck bins, conveyor installation, timber and concrete work, sump installations, the installation of vent tubing (air, water and pumping lines), other construction work and maintenance jobs as required.
- Inspect existing underground headings
- Knowledge of work assigned
- Scale loose rocks and install ground support to stabilize rock mass and ensure overall safety in the construction of a mine
- Operate, pneumatic hand-held drills and various other construction tools
- Operate hand-held drills such as jacklegs and stopers
- Use of rubber-tired underground mobile equipment such as LHD (Load-Haul-Dump) units, , scissor trucks, Boom trucks, shotcrete sprayers and other support vehicles
- Follow established regulatory, company, and client rules and regulations
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Health and Safety:
Having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment
Following Company health and safety standards and reporting any unsafe acts or conditions to Supervisor
Responsible for the use of all safety equipment, i.e.Lanyards, warning signs and labeling, according to company rules and applicable legislation.
Responsible to ensure proper use of personal protective equipment.
Must have knowledge of the WHMIS legislation and know how to effectively use an MSDS sheet.